What Is a Peanut Allergy?
Nut allergies can be dangerous and life-threatening, and peanut allergies are one of the most common types.
Symptoms can range from mild to severe and include hives, swelling, difficulty breathing, and anaphylaxis.
If you have a nut allergy, it's important to avoid all nuts and nut products and carry an epinephrine auto-injector at all times.
Always read food labels carefully and ask about ingredients when eating out or at someone else's house.
Be careful when sharing utensils or kissing someone who has recently eaten nuts as allergens can remain on surfaces and in saliva.
It's important to educate friends, family, and others about your nut allergy and how they can help keep you safe.
It's also important to have an emergency action plan in case of an allergic reaction and to know how to use your auto-injector.
If you have a severe nut allergy, it's important to wear a medical alert bracelet or necklace to alert others in case of an emergency.
Remember that even trace amounts of nuts can cause a reaction, so it's better to be safe than sorry and avoid them altogether.
With proper management and precautions, people with nut allergies can still lead happy and healthy lives.
THANKS FOR READING
FIND OUT MORE