Filmmaker Vikram Bhatt and his wife Shwetambari Bhatt have been granted regular bail by the Supreme Court in a cheating case linked to a film project. The couple had earlier approached the court after the Rajasthan High Court rejected their bail plea in January.
Earlier this week, Shwetambari was given interim bail. On Thursday, the Supreme Court allowed their appeal and granted regular bail to both of them, giving major relief to the filmmaker and his wife.
What Is The ₹30 Crore Cheating Case Against Vikram Bhatt?
The case is based on an FIR filed in November 2025 at Bhupalpura police station in Udaipur. The complaint was lodged by Dr Ajay Murdia of Indira IVF.
In his complaint, Dr Murdia said that he entered into an agreement with Vikram Bhatt’s company for the production of films and documentaries in memory of his late wife. The agreement reportedly involved the production of four films.
The FIR states that Dr Murdia paid a large sum of money to Bhatt’s company. It is alleged that Vikram Bhatt promised that if an initial amount of ₹7 crore was financed and further funding was arranged, four films could be made for ₹47 crore.
Read also:- Raj Kundra Appears Before Mumbai Court After Summons In GainBitcoin Money Laundering Case
However, the complainant claimed that instead of completing the project as promised, more than ₹30 crore was siphoned off through false assurances. Police investigations have stated that fake bills and documents were allegedly used to divert funds.
Arrest By Rajasthan Police
Vikram Bhatt and Shwetambari Bhatt were arrested by Udaipur Police on December 7. The arrest came after the police began investigating the alleged financial irregularities mentioned in the FIR.
The Rajasthan High Court later rejected their bail plea. Vikram Bhatt had also filed a petition seeking to quash the FIR, arguing that the dispute was civil in nature. However, the High Court observed that the matter involved alleged misappropriation of funds in addition to breach of trust, and allowed the police investigation to continue.
Vikram Bhatt Denies Allegations
Vikram Bhatt has strongly denied all allegations. His lawyer stated that every payment was made with the knowledge of both parties and that there were no fake or bogus bills involved.
The defence has maintained that the agreement was structured in phases, with two films to be produced first and the remaining two based on rolling finance. Vikram Bhatt has also said that he did not receive any prior notice before learning about the FIR.
With the Supreme Court granting regular bail, the legal battle is far from over. The investigation in the alleged ₹30 crore cheating case will continue, and further court proceedings are expected in the coming months.
Author: Purnima s
Purnima | Entertainment Blogger 4+ yrs writing fun blogs on movies, celebs & trends. Pop culture addict serving fresh, binge-worthy content!





